Laptop's new display's brightness changes inversely with bar.

Mubeen Akhtar

Honorable
Jul 26, 2013
My display was damaged so I got it replaced and now I noticed this strange thing.
On increasing brightness, the brightness is decreasing while when I try to decrease it, it increases. What is wrong?

In power options, I have set Dim the display after 4 minutes but instead of getting dim it gets brighter after 4 minutes.

How to fix this opposite controls.
Laptop- Toshiba Satellite L505
Please Help

Solution

If it's not the same model as what was in the system, or a 100% compatible one, that is the issue. I don't know if it can cause damage to anything, that has quite a few variable with it, since there are so many different ways the electronics can work...

Mubeen Akhtar

Honorable
Jul 26, 2013

What should I do bro? :( Actually I can use it like this by turning setting "Dim the display after:" (set interval: Never) [So this way it's brightness remains same]
or

Is it a serious issue and can it cause damage to my LCD? I think my new LCD is not original. :heink:

If it's not the same model as what was in the system, or a 100% compatible one, that is the issue. I don't know if it can cause damage to anything, that has quite a few variable with it, since there are so many different ways the electronics can work together. I will say that it's can't be as good for it as an original display as it's not performing how it should. It may not have any issues thought, but it's pretty much impossible to say what will happen in the future.

Solution