Laptops vs desktops & why do people think laptops are better then desktops?

3hunna

Honorable
May 15, 2013
I don't know why people think laptops are better then desktops & see people in a cheap manner who use desktops fyi a true pc gamer will always buy desktop for gaming I want yall to state one why should we use laptops except for the reason it's portable we all know that

1. If you use laptop to much their battery gets fucked up
2. They ain't upgradeable except for ram & hard disk
3. you cannot add a dedicated / pci-e graphic card to them
4. Laptops that come with a dedicated graphic card of nvidia or amd radeon are costly & the only few brands laptops gpu is upgradble are Alienware , dell xps , sager but they cost 1000 + dollars
5. laptops heat up alot & start to work slow ( the laptop cooler doesn't help much)
6. Dust is another reason why laptop heats up but it's not easy to open a laptop & blow it out & it takes hours
7. The highest clockspeed you can get in a laptop is 2.5ghz ( turbo boost feature that's another story) while in desktops you can get 3+ ghz & even 4 ghz or above by overclocking the cpu
8. laptops can't be overclocked
9.when comparing a laptop & a desktop with the same specs & brand the desktop is much faster
10.I know some people whose laptop got fryed when they were playing a game on high settings & the laptop had the required requirements or had more then required

Solution
7 is not really true
8 is mostly true besides high end laptops

but besides that everything else is basically true

the reson they fry is either the power supply goes or they cant handle the heat while gaming

06yfz450ridr

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
7 is not really true
8 is mostly true besides high end laptops

but besides that everything else is basically true

the reson they fry is either the power supply goes or they cant handle the heat while gaming

Solution

clonazepam

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2010
People should make an informed decision about all of their purchases. Some people come to the conclusion that a laptop best fits all of their needs. The moment someone decides they would like to play a PC game while on the go, a desktop is automatically ruled out.

With a little practice, and proper planning and organizational skills, you can take a laptop apart, apply fresh thermal paste to the CPU or GPU, and put it all back together in 30 minutes.

3hunna

Honorable
May 15, 2013
@clonazepam They think laptops are better just cause they are portable & cost more what they fail to realize is they are costly cause smaller things are harder to make & they heat up cause due to lack of space & when a laptop's motherboard dies the mobo costs almost the same as a new laptop for a eg the mobo is 400dollars & the new laptop will be 500dollars , the bigger things the better like laptops are stronger then notebooks /ipads & androids

3hunna

Honorable
May 15, 2013

& some people that don't even travel alot still buy laptops instead of desktops what I'm trying to say is people need to do research before buying something from a experinced person cause a shop keeper will always lie to make them $$$$

clonazepam

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2010
If I had a small space, I'd rather buy a laptop. It has a smaller footprint and requires far less space. Think of the person who wants to sit at their dining room table and do their computing. When its time to eat, fold down the screen, and set it off to the side, out of sight, out of mind. That convenience has value. Different people will want different things. I think there's a lot of factors you haven't considered.

3hunna

Honorable
May 15, 2013

well I guess you're right in a way but all I'm gonna say everybody got their own taste just like some people perfer xbox 360 & some ps3 & some amd cause everybody got a different state of mind just like in females some perfer black , latina , arabs over white girls Lol & whats ugly to you might be sexxy to get me I'm just gernally saying