Laptop's with unlocked/Configurable BIOS's ?!?

RobbeyRobert

Honorable
May 10, 2015
Hi, does anybody know if there's a specific brand that manufactures laptop's with unlocked/configurable bios's ?? ...I am not looking for ROG or Alienware laptops tho
And are there any methods to "Unlock - Locked" laptop bios's ?!?

I like to have control over voltages and alike. Maybe little Oclocking and things, altough nowadays some laptops can be OC'd via software but only like 1-3%, but that's not what i'm looking for.

Solution
Laptops don't overclock well and for that very reason they are locked down in the majority of bios's.

(It also cuts down on returns for people that think they can double the processor voltage and get double the performance)

A high end gaming laptop from any of the well known manufacturers may have those options unlocked.

But randomly messing with your bios's voltage settings is not the most wise thing to do.

The only real solution here would be to write your own bios ...

Which I am pretty sure is illegal to do, due to copyright and reverse engineering legal mumbo jumbo.

RobbeyRobert

Honorable
May 10, 2015

That is quite some <<watch the language, please>> but i can understand that very few laptop owners are interested on these kind of features.

derekullo

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2009
Laptops don't overclock well and for that very reason they are locked down in the majority of bios's.

(It also cuts down on returns for people that think they can double the processor voltage and get double the performance)

A high end gaming laptop from any of the well known manufacturers may have those options unlocked.

But randomly messing with your bios's voltage settings is not the most wise thing to do.

The only real solution here would be to write your own bios ...

Which I am pretty sure is illegal to do, due to copyright and reverse engineering legal mumbo jumbo.

Solution