Laptops won't boot from USB

Neoking

Honorable
Aug 5, 2013
I'm about to purchase a new HDD for one of my laptops that I suspect had a hard drive failure. I was going to use Seagate's tools to diagnose the hard drive, so I followed this guide (http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/313457-seatools-do...) on my other laptop that works fine to properly burn the ISO to my USB drive.

I went into the BIOS on my non-functioning laptop and put the removable usb as first in order, but it simply booted back up to Windows. I disabled secure boot but that didn't work. Some people online told me that the age of the usb drive could have an effect, and the one I was using was about 4 years old, so I went out and bought a 16 GB Sandisk Cruzer. I followed the same steps to burn the Seagate ISO image, but it still wasn't working. I suspected that the issue may have been associated with my non-functioning laptop, so I changed the boot order to USB first on my working laptop and tried to boot from USB on it, but it still didn't work and Windows started back up!

This is very frustrating because I'm just not sure what I'm doing wrong. And my non-functioning laptop is an HP Envy 17, and my working one is an HP Envy Sleekbook, in case that matters.