Law Firm Offers to Defend 'Hurt Locker' Pirates

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Annisman

Distinguished
May 5, 2007
I love all the complaints about blood sucking lawyers, high movie ticket prices, the quality of the pirated movie.... blah blah blah.

Let's stop making exscuses for these thieves.

Whether this is about making a quick buck or not, if it is successful in keeping people from doing these kinds of things, then it is a great thing.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
I've stated that my actions several times, and even said 'come and get me' twice.
Why don't I get no lawsuit? :(
I feel so left out. It sucks being Canadian.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]clivene09[/nom]Don't they have to pay people to watch anything Uwe Boll makes?[/citation]
He's one of my favourite directors. He deserves a Emmy, Grammy, Juno, and a cookie.

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
I have no problem with people saying pirates are thieves and a bunch of stupid other nonsense. Even though I can call bullshit easily enough, and while you can try and argue it would be flawed.

But I won't go there this time, but it does irk me that some of you are acting like these other guys are complete angels. Their just as corrupt as any pirate ever could be. To think otherwise is to not think at all.

ryanjm

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2007
I don't have a problem with lawyers. Remember, it's not the lawyers who are suing these users, it's the producers. The lawyers are like a gun, while the producers are the ones using the gun. Where the unfairness comes in is the way the laws have been set up to allow such an outrageous fine to be imposed for a $10 movie ticket.

ashkaji

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
[citation][nom]ryanjm[/nom]I don't have a problem with lawyers. Remember, it's not the lawyers who are suing these users, it's the producers. The lawyers are like a gun, while the producers are the ones using the gun. Where the unfairness comes in is the way the laws have been set up to allow such an outrageous fine to be imposed for a $10 movie ticket.[/citation]

Very true. The penalty should fit the crime. And I hope this snowball of bullying ends because its not going to stop anything. If prices are more reasonable people WILL pirate less. I personally think hollywood can shove it. They're over paid for there entertainment. Same with sports. I wish teachers, doctors, and more noble jobs made even near as much as these asses.

descendency

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
Any movie with a 94/100 metacritic rating isn't a bad movie. I don't know why you guys are saying it's a bad movie. Sounds like you are just mad that they tried to do something about people pirating their movie.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]descendency[/nom]Any movie with a 94/100 metacritic rating isn't a bad movie. I don't know why you guys are saying it's a bad movie. Sounds like you are just mad that they tried to do something about people pirating their movie.[/citation]

Metacritic means nothing, I can find games and movies the majority agree are complete shit with high ratings.

And you can't stop pirating of movies, or anything else for that matter. Best thing you can do is make it worth spending money to buy it.

Unless you want to shut down the entire internet, it can't be stopped.

All this bitch has done is create more pirates. People are going to pirate her movies just for the lulz now.

shaun_shaun

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2010
here s some of Hurt locker scene releases..google and download those releases !!!!

The Hurt Locker [2008|1080p|EuReKA]
The Hurt Locker (2008) BRRip XviD-JEZZA
The Hurt Locker (2008) BDrip 720p AC3-FXG
The Hurt Locker 2008 720p BluRay DTS x264-HiDt
The Hurt Locker (2008) DVDrip-aXXo

that movie sucks anyways !!!!

Blessedman

Distinguished
May 29, 2001
so it looks like the ACLU and EFF are getting involved now, accusing the USCG of extortion. Illegally filing the claim in D.C. forces all defendants to come to D.C. to defend themselves making sure that 90% of the defendants settle instead of fighting the subpoena. This case will never make it to court. This is all just a scare tactic to get people to just pay up front. If you were served one of these notice by anything other than a hand delivered notice, tare it up and force them to send a hand delivered subpoena.

maydaynomore

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
[citation][nom]annisman[/nom]Anybody else happy that people are finally standing up against this widespread theft of property ? I hope they all pay, and learn to obey the law.[/citation]
Yes...I am. This is so awesome. Finaly thieves are getting what they deserve... hahaha.. love it. This is huge.... more studios/producers will do the same..(hopefully). When you know someone that has been caught for stealing online, than you are less likely to do it. A lot of people will stop pirating because of this. Ever heard of "Everybody knows somebody who loves a Honda" soon to be "Everybody knows somebody who's been caught for pirating".. Sooooo exciting!! :) :) :)

maydaynomore

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
[citation][nom]thekurrgan[/nom]1500 - 2500 per incident to make the problem "Go away" -- sounds like they are trying to keep the ass rape going even out of the theater. Fact is that 6 bucks for a movie ticket would be early mat pricing, and its more like 10 - 12 for regular peak viewing hours. Factor in a drink and what not, and it gets to 20 per person quickly, which is crap. So the people who pirate it either dont deem it worth watching for the price, or cant afford to go to the over priced anal rapage now known as movie theaters. Perhaps if the ticket prices were within reason, piracy wouldnt be as big a deal for them to get money off of.[/citation]
REDBOX! $1 a movie for a family of 4 = $0.25 per person. If you can't afford that then you shouldn't own a TV or a computer.

maydaynomore

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
[citation][nom]annisman[/nom]I love all the complaints about blood sucking lawyers, high movie ticket prices, the quality of the pirated movie.... blah blah blah.Let's stop making exscuses for these thieves.Whether this is about making a quick buck or not, if it is successful in keeping people from doing these kinds of things, then it is a great thing.[/citation]
+1,000

maydaynomore

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
[citation][nom]kami3k[/nom]You really are retarded uh maydayfailmore?[/citation]
lol, you are just mad because i'm right.
And you are so original by putting "fail" into a word. I have never seen that before. Bravo my friend, bravo...! Cookie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS