LED Screen suddenly went white

cobhc95

Commendable
Jul 2, 2016
today, I was working on my Samsung NP300E5E Laptop, and the screen suddenly turned white, I tried to reboot, it was still white, I couldn't see bios or anything, except it showed the Samsung logo (the one that normally appears for a few seconds whenever you turn the device on) and then it went white again.

one year ago, the screen has been damaged before leaving behind a black strip on the corner, but that was not much of a problem to me, the black strip/spot has been there for over a year, and I lived with it. but now that the whole screen turned white, I totally can't see anything.

I tried to plug in an external monitor via HDMI, and it worked, and I was able to log in the windows and everything seemed normal. non the less the main problem was not fixed. I read many forums and they all suggest that the video cable or screen might be damaged, but I ruled these out since I was able to see the Samsung logo at the beginning, and I tried to press F2 (when the logo screen appeared), I could see the bios setup screen for a second, but then it went white again.

I don't think it's cable problem, video card problem or screen problem, since external monitors works and the screen does actually work at beginning (at least for a few seconds). and by the way, the screen only turns on temporally on the logo, and only the logo, so it's not that it got fixed because I moved or twisted the cable a little. it was totally independent of the cable. the logo keeps appearing every time I turn the laptop on.

What could the problem be?
can I do anything else to diagnose it?
please help.

Solution
can you disconnect the hard drive? does it still go white?(just to make sure nothing is loading from the hard drive at all when the issue occurs)

still could be video card/screen issue s there is between the gpu and the actually screen pixels decoders and multiplexers and because there for only the internal screen panel and not used when going though the HDMI.

maxwellmelon

Honorable
Oct 2, 2013
can you disconnect the hard drive? does it still go white?(just to make sure nothing is loading from the hard drive at all when the issue occurs)

still could be video card/screen issue s there is between the gpu and the actually screen pixels decoders and multiplexers and because there for only the internal screen panel and not used when going though the HDMI.

Solution