LEDs Makes Office Buildings a Forecasting Tool

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

[citation][nom]mgoblue3296[/nom]I totally want to play Tetris on that[/citation]
Better Yet....

Retro fit all the sky scrapers in New York City like that, then have fun playing Tetris on a city wide scale! :D

michaelzehr

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2008
They've been doing that in Boston (with normal, not LED lights) for decades. Old Hancock tower has coded weather info:
Steady blue, clear view.
Flashing blue, clouds due.
Steady read, rain ahead.
Flashing red, snow instead. (or in summer, Red Sox game is cancelled)

As for the other ideas, the lights on the Prudential tower in boston have been changed to be a sound meter during the 4th of July concert, and the lights on the Green Building at MIT were hacked to play tetris:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qS5JJ6C98g

johnny_5

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
[citation][nom]michaelzehr[/nom][/citation]
The Canada Life building in Toronto gives us the weather, though it's not too tall so you have to be in the area, and I never remenber what the colours mean. The CN Tower does things with its lights such as going green on St. Patrick's day. Actually I think it goes blue every game for the Toronto Maple Leafs hockey team.

andybird123

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2007
in what way is a building with LED's a forecasting tool?

it might just be a method of telling people what the forecast is, but the title forecasting tool insinuates that it in some way helps you to come up with a forecast

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
[citation][nom]johnny_5[/nom]Actually I think it goes blue every game for the Toronto Maple Leafs hockey team.[/citation]
I am over in Edmonton... I get blue when i see the Leafs are on TV! :) and also the Oilers :(

Status
Not open for further replies.