Solved! Left earbud silent with extension cable

Feb 18, 2022
Hi I have tried two new headphone extension cables from Amazon and both have this problem. Plugged directly into the PC, my earbuds work perfectly. Plugged into one of the extension cables, the left earbud gets no audio. Anyone know why? I checked every software option on Windows

PC tower headphone jack -> extension cable -> earbuds with cable

Solution
Hi I have tried two new headphone extension cables from Amazon and both have this problem. Plugged directly into the PC, my earbuds work perfectly. Plugged into one of the extension cables, the left earbud gets no audio. Anyone know why? I checked every software option on Windows

Cable or connection issue, only two things it can possibly be. One of the contacts is not contacting.
Make sure your extension cable has two lines on the 3.5mm jack, which designates stereo.

maxresdefault.jpg

-Wolf sends

Cable or connection issue, only two things it can possibly be. One of the contacts is not contacting.

Solution