Left shift hard to press

Jul 16, 2018
I have a corsair k70 rapidfire, I just got it, everything looks and works just fine. But I am having a problem with my left shift key. I am having to press it really hard for it to register, can someone plz help me, thx.

shmoochie

Prominent
May 10, 2018
I would return it for one that works. You shouldn't have to troubleshoot a brand new computer. Maybe see if they will just send you a new keyboard instead of replacing the whole laptop.

ron2456

Honorable
Nov 2, 2013
Probably the keyswitch is stuck. Use a drinking straw, remove the keycap and use that to blow air inside the switch housing while keeping the switch pressed with the straw.

shmoochie

Prominent
May 10, 2018
I would return it for one that works. You shouldn't have to troubleshoot a brand new computer. Maybe see if they will just send you a new keyboard instead of replacing the whole laptop.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Laptop Tech Support 0
D Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 3
J Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 2
D Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 1
H Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 4
G Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
F Laptop Tech Support 2
B Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 2
C Laptop Tech Support 4
Similar threads
Question Acer laptop keyboard will not type as the Alt or the Shift or the Shift key gets locked
Solved! Laptop Keyboard Shift Keys are Unreliable; Worth Purchasing a New PC?
Solved! shift keys are not working - newly installed ssd drive and windows 10
Solved! When i want to write any capital word with pressing my keyboard left shift button it doesn't write the capital word why?
Solved! Keyboard key not working without pressing shift
Solved! Certain laptop keyboard keys don't work without pressing shift
I have the black screen cursor problem but have been pressing the shift key and nothing still happens. How long do I have to k
I tried pressing shift key and after the link I pressed "control panel not found" shows up.
hi, In my Laptop hp elitebook 8440p, both left and right shift key isnt working... When I hold shift key and press 2 , instead
when i press shift on my dell laptop keyboard type plus + sign how to solve this problem?
I have pressed shift repeatedly but there is no link like 'ease of access centre'.There is 'yes' or 'no'.What will i press?
When i press for @ shift 2 key then press “
I can't reset my Toshiba!! Pressing 0 or f8 or shift+restart doesnt work!!
How to stop working shift key without pressing
Hello my asus windows 8.1 isn't functioning well , on pressing functions keys like Shift,cntrl,fn,alt,tab the whole keybad loc
Laptop keep writing random letters or press the left click on my mouse when i hit shift
When pressing the @ key with shift down, I get the " sign
my surfrace pro keyboard is typing wierdly when i press shift arrow keys `6 and 4`
Laptop keys type the wrong symbol when pressing SHIFT?
Keypad in compaq laptop shift key is always in press mode complete

ASK THE COMMUNITY