Left Speaker frequently gets "stuck"

KnownIdentifier

Estimable
Feb 19, 2014
Hi,
I have those speakers by Logitech: http://www.logitech.com/en-us/support/ls11-speakers. Had now problem for several years but since some weeks the left one frequently gets "stuck", meaning that it stop playing sound. I then play some music and turn volume on 100%, wait some seconds and then it runs again like a charm. But this makes playing games impossible because if the sound is too low for several seconds it gets stuck again. I tried to disassemble as far as this is possible with a screwdriver but I didn't find anything at the problem persists. Has anybody an idea?
Thanks

cozmium

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2011
Judging from Amazon reviews it's surprising they lasted several years. If you can take them apart enough to swap the speaker drivers around you'd be able to acertain if one is failing or whether it's the amp, but since logitech don't do spares for it there might not be a whole lot of point - it'd be a lot of fiddling about and maybe trawling ebay for the sake of 20 quid speakers - i'd plug some headphones in to the motherboard or soundcard to make sure the problem IS with the speakers and replace them if so.