Legacy USB Support

islammanjurul

Distinguished
May 18, 2006
Hello fellow laptop owners,
I own a HP DV2810us laptop, hope don't need to mention the configuration as it is a pre-configured HP model.
I am facing a problem and so need peoples help from here a tomshardware.com.
I have a set of PS/2 keyboard and mouse which I want to connect to my laptop. The only way to do so is using a PS/2-to-USB converter to connect those keyboard-mouse set since there is no PS/2 port on the laptop. However the Windows Vista is not detecting those device actually and showing them as Unknown USB Devices. Well later I did some research at google and found that I need to enable "Legacy USB Support" on my laptop's BIOS. But strange is that, there is no option like "Legacy USB Support" on the BIOS. So then chatted with an HP online technician and he told me that the laptop is supposed to detect the kb-mouse pack, then he advised me to reset bios to default and then re-install all the USB controllers driver. I did that but no help.

Is here anyone who can help me to get my keyboard-mouse to work on this HP lappy? I need a separate keyboard and mouse since using the laptop's keyboard and trackpad is sometime very tiring and troublesome.

So please help me out, please.

frozenlead

Distinguished
Just get a new keyboard. Converting from PS/2 to USB is a rather difficult process - the other way is much simpler, but that doesn't help you. You'll find your problems solved with cheap USB keyboard and mouse combo.