Lenovo 80jh screen replacement

Cbussjaeger

Commendable
Apr 28, 2016
I have a lenovo 80jh, also known as the yoga 3 14. I had cracked my screen, but the display was still fully functional. The touch was spotty but I was planning on replacing it. I attempted removing the cracked screen and ended up messing up the display. Now only shows lines running down the screen. I'm going to order a replacement screen still but I was wondering how to remove the old one. There's a ton of yoga screen replacement videos online, but none for my model.

Cbussjaeger

Commendable
Apr 28, 2016
Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately this model was quite a but different to disassemble than mine. I ended up removing my screen last night, still waiting on the replacement. There were 2 cables taped to the top of the screen with "aluminum" tape, I believe they are for the touch screen functionality, they got very wrinkled, will they work on the replacement?

autlaur

Commendable
Aug 26, 2016
I also cracked my Yoga 3 14 and just bought a replacement. How did you remove the screen? I'm assuming you just start by removing the little rubber screw covers?

nast180603

Commendable
Sep 2, 2016
Hi autlaur and Cbussjaeger , I do have a Lenova Yoga 3 80JH, I have cracked my screen as well, may I know where can i order a replacement screen and how much is it ? thanks

michud

Commendable
Dec 20, 2016
Hi Cbussjaeger,

I have exactly the same problem with my Lenovo laptop. I cracked the screen but it seems that touching part is only broken. LCD display works OK.

Did you finally successfully replaced the screen? Where did you order replace parts? Could give some hints how to disassemble the screen?