lenovo E531 cani change thw 1000M processor with a i7 3630qm or 3632qm ?

Mar 16, 2018
hello friend
i want to bye this proccesor.
i have a lenovo E531 who have now inside
a processor Intel® Celeron® Processor 1000M (2M Cache, 1.80 GHz)

can i put the i7 3630, or 3632 in this laptop?

Solution
i7-3632QM is atleast sold E531 so that one is atleast possible to upgrade. Check for same TDP 35w in specs, otherwise there might be thermal issues and other. When you change processor clean heatsink well with isoprophyl alcohol wipes 80% or more is fine. also wipe processor die with qtips before inserting new thermal paste.

Use plenty of thermal paste but not too much look videos on YouTube. Noctua NT-H1 is good and GC gelid extreme is even better choose one depending on your budget.

fagetti

Prominent
Mar 1, 2018
i7-3632QM is atleast sold E531 so that one is atleast possible to upgrade. Check for same TDP 35w in specs, otherwise there might be thermal issues and other. When you change processor clean heatsink well with isoprophyl alcohol wipes 80% or more is fine. also wipe processor die with qtips before inserting new thermal paste.

Use plenty of thermal paste but not too much look videos on YouTube. Noctua NT-H1 is good and GC gelid extreme is even better choose one depending on your budget.

Solution

fagetti

Prominent
Mar 1, 2018
If there is some kind of bios lock for i7 i can help you to mod your bios for cpu support. Unless that is againist the rules? Im not gonna remove any bios passwords, so is this fine with toms hardware forum guidelines can some moderator enlighten me?