Lenovo Essential or Thinckpad Edge

Shodoman

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012
Hello,

My girlfriend wants a new laptop so we set out to find something suited for her and i came down with these two options.

http://www.pcgarage.ro/compara/471797,486619

Both offers have a nice discount, a backpack as gift and a coupon of 10% of their value. The ThinkPad costs 480 Euro (627 USD) and the Essential 434 Eur (567 USD).

She uses the laptop mainly for internet, a lot of facebook, movies and some document processing.

I know the decision rests a lot on personal preference but are the differences between these options really worth the price?

Please, enlighten me:)

Solution
It doesn't seem like there is much difference at all between these two systems. I would just go with the cheaper one. They should have similar performance to each other.

bossferas

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
It doesn't seem like there is much difference at all between these two systems. I would just go with the cheaper one. They should have similar performance to each other.

Solution

Shodoman

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012

Thanks for the replay.

What about the difference in line (Essentianl vs Thinkpad), webcam and speakers. I mean is Thinckpad "tougher" or longer lasting, is there a big difference between 0.3 and HD camera and when i hear Dolby it sounds good or does it really? And are there any other differences that are not mentioned?

I'd love to look into these myself but i'm running out of time and have to make a decision by tomorrow.

Thanks

bossferas

Honorable
Nov 28, 2012
Well I think the thinkpad is the flagship line for lenovo laptops so it may have a few extra features. From the list there i noticed that the thinkpad has a faster hard drive 7200rmp vs the essentials 5200rpm drive. The thinkpad also has an HD webcam which is better quality. It also has one more usb3 port vs the other. And the speakers may have better sound quality although i am not sure since I haven't used it myself before.

Also, have a look at this. It may be helpful: http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/article/382500/lenovo_laptop_buying_guide/