Lenovo G500 use dedicated video card instead of integrated?

AzKat

Honorable
Oct 5, 2013
How the hell do I enable the dedicated video card? Even if I plug in or not the power adapter (as seen in other solutions) the pc still doesn't switch to the dedicated one (no screen flickering, intel still showing up in dxdiag).

My integrated graphics card (in the i7 processor) is a intel hd 4000 graphics card.

My dedicated graphics card is a AMD Radeon HD 8570 but I never seem to be able to activate it.

Yes I switched to windows 8 just to see if it will help me one bit (since the dvd that came with the laptop contained drivers for windows 8).

Solutions please, no "power off then power on your pc" responses.

andrew_berge

Honorable
Apr 29, 2013
Well, you only really need it when you're gaming, right?
I have a Lenovo Y580 with an NVIDIA card. When i right-click an exe, it gives me the option of which card to run the app with (and set it so that it always opens with that choice).
You have an AMD card, though, I'm not sure if that option is there on your computer.

AzKat

Honorable
Oct 5, 2013

I've read that amd should also have that option, but I don't have it ... The only options I have is to set the power usage to max performance or energy saving. In the whole catalyst center.

Btw this is the same with a fresh install of windows 7 x32 (tried first) windows 7 x64 (tried second) and now windows 8 x64.

The drivers I got when buying the laptop were for windows 8, I installed windows 8, used the drivers, still options missing, tried a game, still lagging as fudge. On a MUCH lower end pc (from where I copied the game), the game works PERFECTLY

AzKat

Honorable
Oct 5, 2013
Solution: Buy a new laptop, forgot to update this one 3 days later, well, after making this topic about 2 days passed and my laptop... burned out.

It was so awesome.

dattesh

Estimable
Dec 4, 2014
hey...if ur laptop is installed with all drivers it should have amd catalyst control center ...when you right click on the desktop it will show configure switchable graphics...click on add application locate exe and select high perfomance..instead of power saving...power saving is integrated one and high perfomance is ur amd graphic card ...also check the bios settings it should not selected as umd only it should be switchable graphics..

AzKat

Honorable
Oct 5, 2013
Good job on replying to a topic that was already over.

Also the program didn't have that option, I've also seen videos on youtube about how to "configure switchable graphics" but mine lacked every option entirely. The only option was to switch from default to a custom profile, yes the only difference that it had was in that text, no other option was available.

Yes I did reinstall the windows again and again, tried windows 7 x86 and x64, tried windows 8 x86 x64 tried windows xp x86 x64

The laptop simply didn't work, it was a piece of crap, stop replying to this topic. I've sent the laptop back to the shop, their technicians decided that it was indeed a broken laptop and sent it back to Poland.

SHORT STORY:
I threw it away and bought a different brand which worked the first time I used it and still using it to this day. STOP REPLYING TO THIS TOPIC, PROBLEM IS FIXED

My evaluation of the products that I bought:
1st laptop: 1/100
2nd laptop: 2/100 (it had a better feel when I touched it's keys)