Lenovo G510 HDD\ODD

Anatoli Kondaurov

Estimable
May 21, 2015
hello,i have a problem with my laptop,when i start it i have to go to the Boot Menu to check if it shows both HDD and ODD , because if only HDD shows it wont run,so i usually just remove and plug the HDD back until it detects the ODD. i want to understand why wont it run from HDD (says bootable device not found or something like that) i have to choose the ODD in the bootmenu for the laptop to run, and is there a way to make the ODD always detected when i turn my laptop on?

Boogieman_WD

Estimable
Jul 31, 2014
Hey there, Anatoli.

This sounds like a pretty odd issue. Have you had any problems with the HDD at all? If "yes", I'd recommend that you backup your data, just to be on the safe side and download an HDD diagnostic tool to test it, to see if any issues pop-up. You could also try switching the boot priority in BIOS and set the HDD as a primary boot device. If this doesn't prove useful either, try updating or resetting the BIOS, to see if that fixes the issue.

Hope that helps. Please let me know how everything goes.
Boogieman_WD

Boogieman_WD

Estimable
Jul 31, 2014
It is possible. You could try a different drive with the laptop to see if the same thing happens, if you have that option. Or try to update/reset your BIOS, to see if the issue persists after that. Ultimately if nothing seems to work, you could send the laptop to a service shop to see if the guys there are able to determine the problem and solve it.

Good luck! Please keep me posted on your progress.