Lenovo G510-heating and screen issue after fall

Wolfyy

Estimable
Apr 13, 2015
Hi Forum!!
I bought a lenovo g510 (i7/1tb/6gb ram) approximately 5 months ago and i was very satisfied with its over all performance up until my little accident....i dropped the laptop and the screen was totally ruined ,i got it replaced from lenovo support and got my laptop 2 weeks ago and now i have three main problems:
first the screen flicker for about 3 seconds just after i login into my windows 8.1 account .

second when i am on battery support i can't help but feel that the laptop slight changes brightness several time on its own.

lastly i feel the laptop is overheating while surfing the net below is the screen shot from my hwmonitor and i can't return it back to support right now because i have projects i need to deliver to my university

thank you your help is greatly appreciated
all images here
dpx6ijsqx

rkvh10n61

pqimja05l

edit:i forgot to mention that the latop randomly freezes from time to time and the heat that i feel is under my left palm

turkey3_scratch

Estimable
Herald
Jul 15, 2014
My guess is that the fall possibly damaged some fans that are causing the heat, and that the cable connected to the screen is possibly loose which is resulting in the flickering and brightness changes. It seems to me like Lenovo did not see all the issues involved, I would send it back to them if it does not cost too much. Perhaps the heat sink is loosened or something. How hot does HWmonitor say it is?

Edit: Actually not sure about the whole loose cable idea. If the problem happens consistently that's likely not the problem.

Wolfyy

Estimable
Apr 13, 2015

it flickers EACH time i login to windows and you can see the laptop heat in the images i posted right now the motherboard is 73 and the cpu is 68

turkey3_scratch

Estimable
Herald
Jul 15, 2014

I don't see any images... But I believe you anyway.