lenovo g510 wont turn on

HanaShafik

Estimable
Oct 5, 2014
I just bought my lenovo g510 notebook about a month ago & it was working just fine until today. This morning it was working but when I had it on hibernate (with the battery) then I turned it back on, it won't start.
I've read on a couple of thread that my laptop might be stuck in limbo.
I tried removing the battery & charger, holding the power button then replacing the battery & charging (which are both working just fine) and restarting my laptop normally but it didn't work. I also tried pressing the power button & entet at the same time but that didn't work either.
Is there anything else I can try?

Solution

No you haven't.
1) Call them or look them up on the website for your country and escalate the matter. Call a different department, constact the main office, or better yet walk right up to thier building locally and plop it in front of them and demand your money back / a replacement! They have to have some "authorized repair facility" or main distribution location in your country somewhere. Obviously if the computer 'died' on its own then they are responsible and you should RETURN IT for your money back.

2) Now if you...
BTW DID YOU CALL LENOVO FOR SUPPORT? You GET FREE support for issues like this.

Make sure outlet power is using WORKS, plug in your toaster/light/whatever and check the outlet.
All power cords on the 'brick' have a LIGHT indicator, if it is OFF then there is NO POWER from the outlet, try a new outlet.
If outlet is good (first step) but 'brick' still is not showing power, then call Lenovo and demand replacement 'brick', it broke.

Take out battery.
Unplug Power.
Wait 10 min.
Plug in ONLY power.
Press power button. DO YOU GET THE BIOS (forget Windows for right now) a bunch of text or Lenovo logo?
If NO, then your notebook died call Lenovo and demand a replacement shipped and explain THIS TEST to speed up the process (power only, press power button and no power to computer at all).
If YES, then what do you see for Windows? Wait 5 minutes, no more, did it come up now?
If you see BIOS BUT Blank screen for Windows, then reboot the computer (Hold power till it shuts off then press it to turn it back on) and when you see BIOS start tapping continuously F8 till you get up the SAFE MODE menu. Enter SAFE MODE and do a RESTORE POINT back to when it was working.

umpalum

Estimable
Oct 7, 2014
I've the same problem with my Lenovo G510. I bought a week ago. I only installed my OS and when I tried to restart it, my leno went into sleeping mode. I couldn't turn it on back. After reconnecting of power it won't start. Ony diode from charging is shining and that's all. No answer, BIOS doesn't start, completely nothing. It seems to be dead.

Please note, my instructions state

1) DID YOU CALL LENOVO FOR SUPPORT? You GET FREE support for issues like this.

2) "Take out battery.
Unplug Power.
Wait 10 min.
Plug in ONLY power.
Press power button. DO YOU GET THE BIOS (forget Windows for right now) a bunch of text or Lenovo logo? "

papablista

Honorable
Jun 10, 2012
If all else fails, The system can be reset to factory settings via Lenovo's One Key Recovery software. The One Key Recovery button, located beside the power button, is opened by pressing it when the laptop is off

umpalum

Estimable
Oct 7, 2014
@Tom Tancredi and @papablista, thank you for answer, but it didn't help. Lenovo support in my country is similar to many others - talking with answering machine.
I tried 2.) point at the beginning - still nothing. Recovery button gives ability to reset hardware settings or motherboard settings to beginning state? As far as I know this gives only ability to set operating system state to the point when everything was ok, but cannot reset basic settings related to hardware (i.e. BIOS settings) as I guess? I've tried everything. I'm dissapointed...

That ONLY works if it POWERS ON. Please note, each person is saying it isn't POWERING ON. No power nothing ELECTRONIC works.

No you haven't.
1) Call them or look them up on the website for your country and escalate the matter. Call a different department, constact the main office, or better yet walk right up to thier building locally and plop it in front of them and demand your money back / a replacement! They have to have some "authorized repair facility" or main distribution location in your country somewhere. Obviously if the computer 'died' on its own then they are responsible and you should RETURN IT for your money back.

2) Now if you plugged in a American Powered Lenovo into a 'your country' Power Supply that is different (like Euro power is different from US, etc.) and 'fried it' with your jury rigged adapter, or your country Power is unreliable with frequent power drops and surges requiring the use of a Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS) which you didn't purchase, and either case 'fried' the electronics, obviously they won't support your claim.

Solution

Chad N Joni Mowery

Estimable
Mar 26, 2015
Thank you so much! I found this information incredibly helpful. These steps worked for me! You're a lifesaver!

This problem was a YEAR ago. It is bad form to post to NECRO posts.
Secondly you need to READ the thread instead of just posting a post. You would see MINE is highlighted in GREEN as best solution AND I provided OTHER STEPS. Did you BOTHER to try them?

Next time READ, DO, then if you still have a question post a NEW thread with exactly your hardware, model, and situation with what steps you DID do