Lenovo ideapad 100 won't stat

Valentin_8

Commendable
May 14, 2016
Hi, i recently bought a laptop lenovo ideapad 100 ,everything went fine until today when i shut it down by keeping pressed the power button , now the laptop won't start . I can see the power and charging light turned on but no fan noise and everithing is turned off.

Solution

Hello, Valentin:
I'm sorry, but that's the end for me. If you're still covered by the 1-year warranty, you might want to make use of it now.

However, if you're not concerned with warranty, you could open the bottom lid and remove the large battery and see if you can locate the small CMOS battery. Remove it and wait an hour or so, then re-insert it and power up the machine using only the AC cord (i.e. without the large battery).

Cheers,
GreyCatz.

Greetings, Valentin:
Try pressing the Start button for at least 10 seconds.
Also, have you updated Windows lately? What is the exact name of your Ideapad?

Cheers,
GreyCatz.

Valentin_8

Commendable
May 14, 2016
Hi , i kept the power button pressed for more than 10 seconds multiple times and the name of the laptop is lenovo ideapad 100-15IBD and yes the windows automatically updated last night ...

Hello, Valentin:

You may have to locate the OneKey Recovery button and activate the recovery process. It seems that the Windows update has stalled and caused the laptop to freeze. Hopefully, you'll only have to run the recovery process rather than doing a full factory restore.

The OneKey button is located inside a small aperture to the left on the laptop and can only be pressed by using an office clip or something similarly thin.

Best of luck,
GreyCatz.

Valentin_8

Commendable
May 14, 2016
I tryed that ... multiple times but nothing happens ... same thing ... any other ideas??

The thing is i dont hear any sound when i press any button ... no fan no hard disk , nothing ....

Hello, Valentin:
I'm sorry, but that's the end for me. If you're still covered by the 1-year warranty, you might want to make use of it now.

However, if you're not concerned with warranty, you could open the bottom lid and remove the large battery and see if you can locate the small CMOS battery. Remove it and wait an hour or so, then re-insert it and power up the machine using only the AC cord (i.e. without the large battery).

Cheers,
GreyCatz.

Solution

Valentin_8

Commendable
May 14, 2016
I kept pressing the power button ther release it , and so on and it started now , normally , if it will happen second time ill take it to warranty.

Anyways thanks for trying to help me mate , have a perfect day!

Robert_335

Commendable
Dec 31, 2016
Hello I have the same laptop and it won't load past the lenovo loading screen. I have tried pushing the novo button and I tried the last opition and it load files but get stuck on the lenovo loading screen. Please help