Lenovo IdeaPad Z570 not booting and making a clicking noise if I press the power button

cqwertyu

Estimable
Dec 31, 2015
So a couple of weeks ago my Lenovo IdeaPad Z570 suddenly stopped working. Everytime I plugged in the charger, the charging indicator would keep flashing. And if I pressed the power button, the power light would start flashing and there would be a clicking noise as well.

At first I thought it was a problem with the hard drive so I replaced it with a 240 GB SSD, but the issue still presists. I tried removing the battery and holding down the power button, but that didn't work either. I've also tried checking the internet to see if anyone had similar problem, but couldn't really find anything.

Is it a powerjack issue or a motherboard? Or is something else entirely? And how do I fix this issue?

Solution

If it does not do the same thing when the battery is removed, that means it works OK without the battery? If it does not work without the battery either, then it's a jack or motherboard issue.

If it does not do the same thing when the battery is removed, that means it works OK without the battery? If it does not work without the battery either, then it's a jack or motherboard issue.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS