Lenovo l440 problem

Jan 17, 2019
Hello everyone, about a month ago my lenovo laptop charger died so I ordered one straight away, it took a month to arrive and in the period I used the laptop a couple of times. The battery died so much it got to a critical battery splash screen and wouldnt boot to windows. So for two weeks I left the laptop in my cupboard, when the charger finally arrived I plugged in the laptop AND nothing... There was no light on top of the "i" and the laptop doesn't turn on, I've done the "30 second trick" already and other stuff bun none of them work. Please leave a suggestion and thanks.

Solution
I see. Without an OEM there is no guaranty then that it will function correctly. Sadly, unlike with some devices, laptop ones really should be the original equipment. Some manufacturer's actually set up their systems so as to not work with anything but theirs.
When you did the '30 second trick" as you put it, did you make sure to remove the charger and the battery when doing this? If not, it won't work/help.

Also, the charger you ordered, was it an OEM one or aftermarket? If the latter, that could be your problem as well.

Lastly, it is possible that the battery went at the same time.

Jan 17, 2019

Thanks for replying firstly I did remove the battery and charger on the "30 second" trick, secondly I didnt order an OEM I'm using an aftermarket one.

I see. Without an OEM there is no guaranty then that it will function correctly. Sadly, unlike with some devices, laptop ones really should be the original equipment. Some manufacturer's actually set up their systems so as to not work with anything but theirs.

Solution