Solved! Lenovo laptop dead after factory reset

Dec 21, 2018
So I set up a lenovo thinkpad to do a windows 10 clean restart, I walked away with it plugged in and on the windows 10 reset screen, and I came back to the computer completely bricked. Power button does nothing, charger cable is tested and working on another laptop. I did the whole holding down the power button with the battery and charger out, and I removed the motherboard battery for 15 minutes and tried again with no results. The computer feels warm when plugged in so I know some power is getting in. Their was no physical damage between when I set up the factory reset and when I returned to it dead. I am at a loss as to what to try next, taking it to a professional is not an option but I can do any repairs myself if properly explained.

Thank you in advance!

Solution
First off, were you resetting or refreshing? Both have been known to kill all the users files but refresh isn't supposed to. If you want to rescue files, do so by slaving the hard disk to another PC.

If you've got a spare USB memory stick, go to Microsoft's website and download the ISO for your version of W10.

There's a free and a very useful utility named Rufus that can make that stick a bootable device when you expand the ISO on to the stick.

The new installation won't have any activation problems.
First off, were you resetting or refreshing? Both have been known to kill all the users files but refresh isn't supposed to. If you want to rescue files, do so by slaving the hard disk to another PC.

If you've got a spare USB memory stick, go to Microsoft's website and download the ISO for your version of W10.

There's a free and a very useful utility named Rufus that can make that stick a bootable device when you expand the ISO on to the stick.

The new installation won't have any activation problems.

Solution