Lenovo laptop freezes when moved

luvneeshj240500

Prominent
Oct 19, 2017
Hello... i have a lenovo laptop
Its been working fine for few months, but i'm now tensed because of it
As i turn it on, one slight movement of the screen or the laptop itself, it just freezes and crash..
It either stays on and stay on still screen or it turns off...
When i then try to turn it on it won't turn on at all
The power button would just blink but the laptop won't turn on
It may turn on once out of 20 times
Doesn't even have waranty

I don't know what to do... please help!

Solution

Call up Lenovo. They recalled some of their laptops for a faulty battery disconnect switch. Since newer laptop batteries are internal, they have a switch inside which the repair tech can flip to disconnect the battery without having to physically unplug the battery. On the recalled models, this switch has an intermittent connection which can cause power to turn off when the laptop is moved or jostled.

If you rmodel is one of the ones subject to the recall, they will fix it (replace the switch) for free. Warranty is irrelevant since this was a recalled design defect. Depending on which model, you may be able...
There might a bad connection somewhere, possibly the RAM needs reseated. But pivoting the screen shouldn't cause something like that. The whole system may need to be broken down to see if there's any pressure being applied to a sensitive area, like a circuit on the motherboard, or a component.

Call up Lenovo. They recalled some of their laptops for a faulty battery disconnect switch. Since newer laptop batteries are internal, they have a switch inside which the repair tech can flip to disconnect the battery without having to physically unplug the battery. On the recalled models, this switch has an intermittent connection which can cause power to turn off when the laptop is moved or jostled.

If you rmodel is one of the ones subject to the recall, they will fix it (replace the switch) for free. Warranty is irrelevant since this was a recalled design defect. Depending on which model, you may be able to have the fix done at an authorized service center while you wait, so you don't have to ship the laptop back to them.

Solution