Lenovo laptop frozen splash screen HELP!

tyler_55

Commendable
Mar 29, 2016
So my Lenovo laptop was working fine then after powering off and powering on later it was stuck on the "Lenovo" screen with no spinning circle and it does not boot. After a while it will say it can not find a boot device etc... I have opened up the back off the laptop and took out the HDD and put it back in and it still doesn't work. I have tried to get on to the BIOS but that doesn't even load up, even if I press the side button, I feel like I have tried everything and I really need that laptop as I use it nearly everyday! Please help I am begging!

P.S I DID NOT INSTALL PROGRAMS/UPDATES BEFORE IT STOPPED WORKING.

Solution
"Fast Boot" may be turned on. Keeping you from accessing BIOS. Try the following and see if it lets you in...

The power button can be used if you encounter "Fast Boot" problems.

1. Make sure the laptop is turned off. Not in Hibernate or Sleep mode.

2. Press the power button and hold it down. The system should emit three short beeps from the speaker, or headphones if you have them plugged in.

3. After the beeps, release the power button 'before' the 4-second shutdown override.

4. The power button menu should now display.

5. Press F3 to disable Fast Boot and you should be able to access BIOS now.

To enable Fast Boot:

1. When the laptop boots up, enter the BIOS setup by pressing "F2".
2. Now go to the "Boot Configuration menu"...

tyler_55

Commendable
Mar 29, 2016

No it doesn't just the "Lenovo" splash screeen and it is frozen.

"Fast Boot" may be turned on. Keeping you from accessing BIOS. Try the following and see if it lets you in...

The power button can be used if you encounter "Fast Boot" problems.

1. Make sure the laptop is turned off. Not in Hibernate or Sleep mode.

2. Press the power button and hold it down. The system should emit three short beeps from the speaker, or headphones if you have them plugged in.

3. After the beeps, release the power button 'before' the 4-second shutdown override.

4. The power button menu should now display.

5. Press F3 to disable Fast Boot and you should be able to access BIOS now.

To enable Fast Boot:

1. When the laptop boots up, enter the BIOS setup by pressing "F2".
2. Now go to the "Boot Configuration menu".
3. Choose the "Enable Fast Boot".
4. Press F10 to save the changes and exit.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS