Lenovo Laptop Help, mouse/ touchpad wont work

cptobvious159

Estimable
Oct 1, 2014
I recently got a Lenovo Z40-70 Laptop. Out of the box it was just dandy. After installing updates and getting it up to standards, the touchpad and mouse no longer work. I cannot right click or use the touchpad to click on things. I can still use the touchpad to use the mouse and the left click works fine. Sometimes after restarting or playing with the drivers, I will get it to work but it will stop working after a few minutes. I think it is hardware but I have a feeling it is software as well. Also, if I move my laptop or put too much pressure on it, I cannot click at all, with the laptop mouse or an external mouse. I have filed a refund for the laptop but any help would be great as sending it back is not my first choice. Thank you for any help that can be provided.

It's possible whatever update was installed might have gone wrong. If you can, try uninstalling the drivers for the touchpad and installing it fresh again, to see if that will do anything. Will take a few minutes, but it's better than a whole return/RMA process.

cptobvious159

Estimable
Oct 1, 2014

Thank you, I just tried that. After installing the latest drivers again, it will not work at all. It only works once I roll back the drivers. I think I will just return the laptop after getting an estimated ship date for an RMA of February, 2015. Will not be buying Lenovo again.

Darlene_5

Estimable
Nov 25, 2015
how do I uninstall thedrivers
I think it might be soft wear it like my pointer is stuck please guide me through the process
icant play my games cause I cant slide pointer
how do I uninstall the drivers

epetru2002

Honorable
Apr 18, 2012
My lenovo Flex 15 laptop loses the trackpad cursor ever since the Win10 upgrade and when Windows Update loads the lenovo trackpad driver, after that if the machine goes into Sleep mode (like closing the lid with battery power) then cursor is gone when I start up again.

The only work around I have found that might be working is to go into power settings and change the options that say SLEEP to either DO NOTHING or HIBERNATE.

Basically, any time my machine goes into SLEEP mode the trackpad cursor disappears.