Lenovo laptop won't start until and unless i move screen up and down

bhavinbhai2707

Prominent
Apr 25, 2018
I have a lenovo G50-70 Laptop, bought it years ago. From past few days i am facing this issue where my laptop screen will turn on for few moments and will show lenovo logo but then it shows a black screen or screen turns off and won't start until and unless i will move my screen up and down continuously few times and then the windows starts running normally but the windows starts in the lowest resolution size and when i try to reset it recommended on pressing apply the screens goes back to black and won't start until and unless i move it up and down again!!

I seriously don't know what is causing this weird issue!!

I reinstalled windows a few times but problem is still there!!
i will be grateful if someone can provide me a solution for this issue!!

Solution
The fact that moving your screen rapidly causes different output to appear makes it sound like there is a display issue with your screen. When the black screen occurs and there is no output to the screen can you physically hear and feel the PC running? If so than I am most likely correct in saying that there's in issue with your screen. The movement of your monitor also leads me to think there's a chance that its not fixing your screen, but actually moving a part in the pc itself causing it operate when the PC is in a certain position.

This is just me thinking out loud but possibly try to remove the battery and put it back in. I know this may sound completely un related but you would surprised on how many things I have fixed with the...

st6sniper1

Prominent
Oct 6, 2017
The fact that moving your screen rapidly causes different output to appear makes it sound like there is a display issue with your screen. When the black screen occurs and there is no output to the screen can you physically hear and feel the PC running? If so than I am most likely correct in saying that there's in issue with your screen. The movement of your monitor also leads me to think there's a chance that its not fixing your screen, but actually moving a part in the pc itself causing it operate when the PC is in a certain position.

This is just me thinking out loud but possibly try to remove the battery and put it back in. I know this may sound completely un related but you would surprised on how many things I have fixed with the simplest trick.

Solution