Lenovo Legion Y520 laptop keyboard buttons not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix_5

Prominent
Mar 12, 2017
Hi everyone,

So i'll get right to my problem:

This year in March I bought a Lenovo Legion Y520 laptop and it worked wonderfully. But after a few months I started getting a keyboard problem, some of the letters were not working to be more specific E, G, H, (Num Lock) - numbers: 8, 9 , and the function key Fn and at that time I just had to push them in harder, now it's December and it's gotten so bad that i need to shake my laptop like really hard if i want the letters to work (but I am trying not to damage it :D not a psycho). I tried using a USB keyboard connected to it, and it worked fine. So I'm guessing it's a hardware problem, and I should maybe send it to a service center for repairing. But i wanted to get some advice on this forum, maybe there is still something i can do to fix it without sending it into service. The only issue i have with sending it to a repair service is that I'm going to wait a long time until i get my laptop back, and I hate waiting it's the worst :( .

So any suggestions what should I do anything would be nice !!

Thank you, and sorry for my English i'ts not my native language.

Solution
If you don't want to send the laptop somewhere, buy another keyboard for it and replace it. Shaking a computer or trying to push on it harder is bad, you are just going to cause more damage to the thing.

Phoenix_5

Prominent
Mar 12, 2017

Phoenix_5

Prominent
Mar 12, 2017

Mate, I have no idea if it's a problem in production or if something happened to the product while it was being delivered, but the facts are that some letters are not working due to something that isn't our fault and it's a issue that has to be resolved. When I get my laptop back from the repair service I am going to ask them what the problem was, and I will post the answer here.

Phoenix_5

Prominent
Mar 12, 2017
Hi everyone so I said i would post an answer after my laptop got back from the repair shop. So I'm writing ^_^. The guy at the repair shop told me that this is a series problem and that the only way to fix it is by replacing the Upper Case and the keyboard. So after three weeks of waiting to get a call from them that they replaced what they had to, the day finally came. I picked it up and everything works now, I don't think i can explain what they did exactly but it just works the only thing that matters, right?! So yeah I advise you to send it into repair as soon as possible ! Happy to help you with this information, :D if it helped you at all .

Status
Not open for further replies.