Question Lenovo Legion Y710 staying at 32% cpu utilization and 0.79 GHz

Feb 5, 2020
Hi, recently I tried to play a game on my Lenovo legion y710. However, when I tried I found that the game would not run well, maintaining extremely low FPS. Both resource monitor and task manager show that the cpu won’t go above 36% utilization or 0.79 ghz clock speed. I’ve tried everything on the internet relating to this problem but nothing has worked for me. This processor should be capable of 2.2 ghz (i7-8750H)

ive updated the drivers , ran a full bit defender scan, and reinstalled CPU drivers. Nothing has worked so far except for booting into safe mode where the cpu seems to work properly.
thank you for your time.

Have you checked to see what else is actually loading and running when you start up? This could be causing your issue.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Do not mess with anything else in this program. Unless you really know what you are doing as it can cause you more problems. Also, be sure of what you 'uncheck' before doing so. If you aren't sure about the listed item, search for it online to see what it is for.

1. Go go "Start" and in the search box type "msconfig" (without the quotes).

2. Click on the "Startup" tab and see what is loading when you turn on the computer.

3. Uncheck anything you don't actually want starting up when Windows loads.

4. Click "Apply" and then "OK" and you should be prompted to restart the computer.

The computer should now be using less resources when it restarts.

NOTE: Also many people do not restart/reboot (power off and back on) their computer regularly. This leads to less resources available which will only come back when you restart/reboot. Just closing any program, or not actively using it, doesn't get the used resources back. So to be sure you have full access, you should completely power down the computer regularly.

Feb 5, 2020
I just erased windows and re installed it, the computer still doesn’t work the way it should. I already tried terminating all services that weren’t necessary