Lenovo May Be Working on a Dual-Core 5" Tablet

Status
Not open for further replies.

de5_Roy

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
5" is not a tablet screen size, it's a smartphone screen size. lame marketing tactic to avoid comparison with kindle fire and ipad, lenovo.

G

my dads cousins sister had a laptop. she was laid off but found a real job.

rb420

Distinguished
May 25, 2011
[citation][nom]aaronstyle[/nom]My room mate's sister is a prostitute, she makes $68/hr. Last week her pay was over $9000![/citation]

That is only 5 hours a day your roommate's sister isn't getting boned. That is some high mileage!

igot1forya

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2008
I once found $20 walking down the street it was like being stabbed by a rainbow!

Also, one time when I was a kid, my dad's car ran out of gas and we were able to find enough plastic bottles along the way to (bottle deposit) put gas in a gas can we were carrying... it sucked being poor.

DSpider

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2009
Physical buttons?

consuela-maid-family-guy.jpeg

No, no, no... No.

No.

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
[citation][nom]Igot1forya[/nom]...it was like being stabbed by a rainbow![/citation]
That's funny shit.
I just a the stinkeye from my boss for laughing out loud at what is supposed to be an Autodesk Inventor assembly.

jgutz2006

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009
i'm patiently awaiting a hybrid phone/tablet device somewhere in the 5" to 5.5" screen size. Small enough to hold in your hand up to your ear, large enough to enjoy a movie. Will if fit in a small pocket, NO and do i care? NO. When i'm driving my vehicles both have Bluetooth, i tend to use speakerphone quite a bit and i think this device would eliminate the need to have a 10" tablet and a 4.3" HTC Evo3D. I was going to purchase a 10" next gen tablet this xmas, when the quad core cpu's make their appearance but PLEASE, HTC or Samsung make me a device like this. The Samsung Galaxy Player is an absolutely perfect size for a phone, and like i said, i could go a half inch larger on the screen!

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]DSpider[/nom]Physical buttons?No, no, no... No.No.[/citation]
Best. Comment. Yet.
On the topic: just put a SIM slot in there and call it a phone.

dark_knight33

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
Did the pda fail already? Really, why would anyone buy a 5" "tablet" when a 4.7" smart-phone does that AND takes calls. It's like why hire the secretary who is just hot, when you can get a hot one that works too? (Oops, I dropped my pen, would you pick that up for me miss?)

G

@jgutz2006
"i'm patiently awaiting a hybrid phone/tablet device somewhere in the 5" to 5.5" screen size. Small enough to hold in your hand up to your ear, large enough to enjoy a movie. "
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But it exist !!!! Galaxy Note ! And perfectli fits in every normal pocket .

adamboy64

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
Ah, excellent. Physical buttons. I had one phone with capacitive touch buttons... that was enough.

Yeah, 5" is not a bad size. This really needs phone capabilities though.. there needs to be some reason to go for it rather than the Galaxy Note.

DSpider

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2009
[citation][nom]kilo_17[/nom]This is great! We really need another freaking tablet to saturate the tablet market even more!
/sarcasm[/citation]
It is great. Because when competition goes up, prices come down. And the quality also gets better when they're in the same price range. Choice is good!

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]rb420[/nom]That is only 5 hours a day your roommate's sister isn't getting boned. That is some high mileage![/citation]
Even Houston had 8 hours sleep a night

G

[citation][nom]de5_roy[/nom]5" is not a tablet screen size, it's a smartphone screen size. lame marketing tactic to avoid comparison with kindle fire and ipad, lenovo.[/citation]

Yeah at 5", I'm thinking not a tablet, nor a phone. It's a pad... err... that might get them in trouble, but I would still look to avoid "tablet" too. Maybe "tab" for short. Minipad, Minitab, maxipad... idk

Status
Not open for further replies.