Lenovo or Asus?

Noomie

Estimable
Nov 26, 2014
Hello everyone,

So I am in quite a dilemma here, I'm not sure which laptop to buy. My options are:

Lenovo IdeaPad G50-30

or the

ASUS R512CA-SX242H

The specs are right here (I'm sorry, it might be dutch but I think you'll know what it all means)

http://www.komplett.nl/catalog/80036382_20428627/compare.aspx

The difference between price is pretty high, which is why I'm not so sure if the Lenovo will be good enough for such a low price. (I also never used a Lenovo before).

I mainly want to use this laptop for my study. I will be programming a lot for it, so I have to make sure that my new laptop will be able to hold up for a few years.

I hope you guys can help me out!

Solution
What it comes down to it, is the Lenovo will have a slightly better CPU in terms of speed AND battery life. It does have less memory yes, but depending on what you do you might not need much more. Also the Lenovo's RAM looks like it can't be upgraded down the road do 4 will always be 4.

The ASUS while it does cost more, uses a slightly older CPU that can't Turbo for a bump in speed and it uses more power than the CPU in the Lenovo so slightly lower battery life. It does have more memory so if you run a lot of programs thats good for that but ultimately the CPU will sort of be a hindrance. If you're really bad with electronics as well, I think ASUS does still offer its accidental damage warranty on the lower end models too but you'll...

Warukyure

Estimable
What it comes down to it, is the Lenovo will have a slightly better CPU in terms of speed AND battery life. It does have less memory yes, but depending on what you do you might not need much more. Also the Lenovo's RAM looks like it can't be upgraded down the road do 4 will always be 4.

The ASUS while it does cost more, uses a slightly older CPU that can't Turbo for a bump in speed and it uses more power than the CPU in the Lenovo so slightly lower battery life. It does have more memory so if you run a lot of programs thats good for that but ultimately the CPU will sort of be a hindrance. If you're really bad with electronics as well, I think ASUS does still offer its accidental damage warranty on the lower end models too but you'll have to check.

That being said, I would choose the Lenovo for a) Price b) better CPU c) Longer battery life

Solution

Noomie

Estimable
Nov 26, 2014

Thanks! Helped me tons, got my Lenovo ready for my study now :)