Lenovo s410p (windows 8.1) stuck on automatic repair loop

Shaan87

Estimable
Jul 9, 2015
Hi,

I have a 1.5 year old lenovo Ideapad that is operating on windows 8.1.

For the past 2 days, I have not been able to access windows. It just keeps auto-repairing and diagnosing. I've tried system restore from 2 points..both times it took hours and then I got an error message that it did not work because system restore could not access a file and that I shld disable my antivirus temporarily (but how??)

I have tried to get it to load in safe mode but that doesn't work either..just gets into the loop again. System refresh also does not work.

I know how to get into the BIOS menu but I do not know what to do there to get my laptop to work. I do not want to lose any files if possible.

I need help please!

Thanks,
Shaan

Hello Shaan87

In BIOS, you should start HDD self-diagnostic test (can be found under the Tools or Diagnostics section). Once the hard disk drive passes the test, reboot your system and try running Windows refresh this time.

Note: Hard disk drive self-diagnostic test automatically repairs many soft errors that your HDD may have.

Let me know if this helps.

Good Luck!!

Shaan87

Estimable
Jul 9, 2015

Hi Vivek,

Thanks for your reply.

I do not have that option on my BIOS Setup menu (please see attached pictures). I have tried changing the boot mode to Legacy Support but that also is not working. Nothing has worked.

Do you have any alternative suggestions?

Shaan87

Estimable
Jul 9, 2015
After days of being on the automatic repair loop, my laptop has finally (and very slowly) made it all the way to Windows! Is there anything I can do to ensure this whole problem does not happen again?

manisha637

Estimable
Aug 9, 2015
hello you said After days of being on the automatic repair
loop, your laptop has finally (and very slowly)
made it all the way to Windows! but is it that you left it like that and it automatically went back to normal? I am facing the same automatic repair loop problem in my Asus notebook and I have no idea what to do .

Rishav_2

Estimable
Oct 12, 2015