Solved! Lenovo won't turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 24, 2020
Hey. I have a Lenovo ideapad 510-15IKB. I was playing a game and it suddenly went black. I tried turning it on, didn't work. I pressed the power button for more than 1 minute unplugged, didn't work. Removed the battery, waited for 10 minutes, didn't work. Unplugged the CMOS battery twice, waited for 15 minutes, didn't work. The laptop has 2 led lights, 1 for the charger and 1 for the power. When the laptop is plugged in, the charging led light is off but the power led is on. If I press the power button for 15 seconds, the power led blinks once and turns on again. I don't know what to do. Nothing seems to be working. I should also say that there are no Post noises and the fan isn't working. Is this a simple adapter problem or is my motherboard on its way to heaven?

Solution
Sounds tricky, ok first try plugging it in if the charging light turns on, after you have done that try powering it on again if it works good if it doesn't follow these steps, if you have a disconnectable battery take it out then remove all usb plugs from the laptop then turn your laptop around then use a straightened paper clip on the small hole that should do a power drain then you can reconnect the battery and the power cable to the laptop and it should work. if all else fails contact lenovo support! Your Welcome! :p

Ray_The_God0

Great
Apr 23, 2020
Sounds tricky, ok first try plugging it in if the charging light turns on, after you have done that try powering it on again if it works good if it doesn't follow these steps, if you have a disconnectable battery take it out then remove all usb plugs from the laptop then turn your laptop around then use a straightened paper clip on the small hole that should do a power drain then you can reconnect the battery and the power cable to the laptop and it should work. if all else fails contact lenovo support! Your Welcome! :p

Solution

ashleydent

Commendable
Apr 23, 2020
If you have tried so many times then there is some issue with the laptop. Once this happened with my laptop and it was because of the motherboard. After that it was fine. The possibilities are many. It can be the charger or the display as well. Get in touch with Lenovo support guys to know what's the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.