Lenovo Y400 - White Screen Problem

SteelSoapy

Estimable
Sep 15, 2015
Hello! Thanks for reading my post. I am asking for help to identify the culprit to my laptop problem.

Relevant Specs:
Lenovo y400
LCD Screen

Problem:
The original laptop screen turns on, but is completely white.

Background:
1. Hooking up the laptop to another monitor by HDMI works properly.
2. I bought and plugged in a new LCD screen that has the same issue, but barely lights up at all.
3. Plugged the original screen back in, and it continues to be completely white.
4. Before problem manifest, I smelled something burning. (likely from the laptop)
5. The connector from the laptop to the back of the LCD screen seems slightly black (burnt?) on the edges instead of the normal gold color.
6. I did some research, and I'm now guessing the problem is with the connector, but I do not know what the connector is called, where I can get it replaced, and if it is even the problem.

Solution:
(This is where you come in. Please let me know what you think.)

Hi,

Since you have established that the new replacement LCD display didn't work as well you're on the right track and it's the cable itself which has the problem. Most commonly they are called flex cables. Try your local computer stores or electronic shop but be sure to have the part with you when you ask around so you'll get the accurate replacement part.