Lenovo y50 4k or y70 1080p touch

Furiousfil

Estimable
Nov 22, 2014
Hi ,

I'm looking to buy a new laptop and due to an offer on at the moment I am leaning towards the Lenovo y50 with 4k or the y70 with 1080p but also has a touch screen.
Size is not an issue, and the models would have the same specs for CPU GPU SSD etc I would like both 4k and touchscreen. You can't get a y50 with a touchscreen and you can't get a y70 with a 4k screen here in the UK.
So I guess my question is which is better (or better for future proofing) in your opinion 4k or touch screen?

Solution
I Own an FHD Lenovo Y50, and let me tell you that this screen has terrible viewing angles and yellowish screen. It isn't considered bad if you are upgrading from a much older screen, but if you ever used any decent screens then the FHD model won't suit you.
I don't know if the Y70 uses the same Chei-mei mediocre screen, if yes avoid it.
Check the the Y50 forum and and u'll find that people have much more positive reviews on the 4K model, and im not talking reslolution but I mean the quality of the screen itself. But You also have to know that 4K screen are locked to 48hz by defualt and you cant change that no matter what you do.

Conclusion: Get the Y70 if it had an IPS screen, otherwise stick to the glossy 4K Y50, that is of the 48hz...

Talal Tango

Estimable
Nov 21, 2014
I Own an FHD Lenovo Y50, and let me tell you that this screen has terrible viewing angles and yellowish screen. It isn't considered bad if you are upgrading from a much older screen, but if you ever used any decent screens then the FHD model won't suit you.
I don't know if the Y70 uses the same Chei-mei mediocre screen, if yes avoid it.
Check the the Y50 forum and and u'll find that people have much more positive reviews on the 4K model, and im not talking reslolution but I mean the quality of the screen itself. But You also have to know that 4K screen are locked to 48hz by defualt and you cant change that no matter what you do.

Conclusion: Get the Y70 if it had an IPS screen, otherwise stick to the glossy 4K Y50, that is of the 48hz lock doesn't bother you.

Solution

AccidentalGenius

Estimable
Nov 25, 2014

the y50 does come in multitouch on the 4K model

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/lenovo/y-series/y50-uhd/

Furiousfil

Estimable
Nov 22, 2014

Unfortunately here in the UK Lenovo don't offer the y50 with touch! Only the y70, but you can't get that with 4k. I have been tempted to import it but the warranty and import taxes worry me ;)