Lenovo y50-70 pixel death

Baabel

Commendable
Jan 11, 2017
Hi!

I recently started experiencing pixel death as I call it with my lenovo y50. Everything worked fine except suddenly the screen froze and it started turning white from upper left corner and gradually turning every pixel to white. I was able to reverse this by adding pressure to certain points of screen and after that didn't work anymore by twisting screen a little bit but at this point none of this works.
Any ideas what this could be or how to fix it?

Solution
It sounds like you need a new display.

To be sure it is the display, try this...

1. Turn the laptop off (not sleep or hibernate but off).
2. Connect an external monitor to the laptop.
3. Turn on the external monitor.
4. Turn on the laptop.

NOTE: You may have to press an "external monitor" button. Could be the f4 button or a button with two monitors on it, for the external monitor to work.

If you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem.
It sounds like you need a new display.

To be sure it is the display, try this...

1. Turn the laptop off (not sleep or hibernate but off).
2. Connect an external monitor to the laptop.
3. Turn on the external monitor.
4. Turn on the laptop.

NOTE: You may have to press an "external monitor" button. Could be the f4 button or a button with two monitors on it, for the external monitor to work.

If you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem.

Solution

Baabel

Commendable
Jan 11, 2017

Thanks for your answer!
External monitor works fine so I will just get a new display. Hopefully that helps