Question Lenovo y50-70 Stuttering, Lag, Low performance, Mouse jumping, Weird sounds

Jul 17, 2019
I have the laptop for 5 years now, for the last 2.5 years it has been lagging or stuttering with weird sounds especially with videos on Youtube , freezing and slow performance and mouse jumping without stressing the laptop and sometimes at wake ups , and it sometimes differs or improves with charger plugged but still persists , I upgraded for SSD lately , but still suffering, restart sometimes resolves it but it will return as soon as the laptop goes to sleep and wake ups several times..
I also noticed that as the laptop connects to network it starts doing so .. (i am wondering also if there is network hardware issue)
downloading with high speed also causes stuttering
Watching videos on youtube or anywhere else is UNBEARABLE with this ISSUE , it is somehow like a talking robot :sweatsmile:
Can the BATTERY cause this symptoms and affect performance after 5 years of usage ? Any one with same symptoms can help ? would battery replacement improve ?
No currently available solution fixed my problems
I have tried:
-Making GTX as the main GPU
-Turned off driver indexing
-Changed to SSD 5 months ago
-Tried Voltage offset to (-negative 0.05v) using Intel Extreme Tuning utility, and lowered a bit the cores ratios multipliers
-Signed off the Mail and Calender windows application which is using large amount of Internet
-Windows 10 is updated to the latest
-Drivers also are updated.
- I am using BitDefender Free AV and ZoneAlarm Firewall
-I have done a clean reset couple of months ago but also didn't solve anything

My Specs:
Windows 10 HOME
CPU: Intel Core i7-4700HQ
GPU: Nvidia GTX 860M
RAM: 16GB RAM
SSD: Samsung 860 Evo 500GB

Thank u in advance

Last edited:
It doesn't sound like a battery issue. It sounds more like there might be something on the device that is interfering. When was the last time you did a deep scan for Viruses and also for malware (they aren't the same)? Additionally, if anything was recently installed, not long before this started, you might want to try finding a restore point with a date prior to the problem and see if this resolves it.

Jul 17, 2019
It doesn't sound like a battery issue. It sounds more like there might be something on the device that is interfering. When was the last time you did a deep scan for Viruses and also for malware (they aren't the same)? Additionally, if anything was recently installed, not long before this started, you might want to try finding a restore point with a date prior to the problem and see if this resolves it.
I have done it , nothing appears to be showing, and i am currently doing it again while i am replying to u,
i have done a clean reset for the laptop half a year ago but the problem also persisted!
it doesn't seem to be linked with any software i believe..

Jul 17, 2019
It still doesn't sound like it would be the battery. However it could be either your WiFi in the laptop or the internet connection itself. Have you tried connecting via Ethernet to see if it happens then?
I tried different wifi networks , all are the same
I will try to disable my Wifi driver and use ethernet cable only for a while , i will reply u back..