Lenovo y50 display

Harddieee

Estimable
Nov 3, 2015
Hi everyone
How are you guys doing?
I am new to this forums although tomshardware has answered most of my questions.
I have a lenovo y50 basic model with 860m and that bad display. I have the FHD version. I want to upgrade the screen but dont know which one to get. I googled it and found some of the displays and even the link to buy it but the thing is, the response rate of those displays is pretty bad. It is like 20+ ms for most of them which I think is pretty bad as I play csgo online a lot. Could you guys suggest me a display for my laptop with a good response rate or even correct me if I am wrong with all the response rate thing.

Thanks in advance

Greetings, Harddieee:

I also have a TN Y50 and, yes, the screen is almost useless as a portable device. But I still like it very much for general entertainment and productivity, although I will replace the TN screen with an IPS screen very soon. As for gaming, it's a choice between the lesser of two evils:

Among avid gamers TN screens are generally preferred because they offer better response times than IPS screens. But regardless of the technology used, all laptop screens have response times in the upper teens and early twenties (the good ones!)

If you're looking for single-digit response times, you have to get a desktop monitor.

IPS screens offer greatly improved viewing angles, while TNs really only have one useful viewing angle. I haven't played games on an IPS laptop, so I don't know personally how big the difference is between IPS and TN for gaming, but I can definitely deduce that if I want to move my Y50 around - it's a laptop, you know - an IPS screen will be a far better choice.

Hope this made sense,
GreyCatz.

Harddieee

Estimable
Nov 3, 2015

Thank you for your answer.
I was confused because I read somewhere that the TN panel has a less response time as compared to IPS panels.
But I have seen laptops with IPS panels and the screen looks gorgeous. I am a mechanical designing student so the display really matters to me. On the other hand, I dont want to stop playing games lol.
So maybe I'll just get that IPS display panel. :)