Lenovo Y50 vs. Dell Inspirion vs. Acer Aspire VNitro

planeace222

Estimable
Apr 6, 2015
Hey guys.

I am looking for a mobile workstation/gaming laptop that has a good build quality, good specs, and will last me a while without replacing everything every year. Games that I want to play and currently play are:

Titanfall
Elite Dangerous
Minecraft maxed out
World of Tanks and World of Warships

The link to the lenovo is:
http://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-15-6-Inch-Gaming-Laptop-59442856/dp/B00VBOCHQO/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8

Link to Dell laptop:
http://www.amazon.com/Dell-Inspiron-i7559-763BLK-Full-HD-GeForce/dp/B015PYYDMQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1447799229&sr=1-1&keywords=dell+inspiron

Link to Acer laptop:
http://www.amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-VN7-591G-70RT-15-6-Inch-Gaming/dp/B00WJSQRNK/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1448312297&sr=1-1&keywords=acer+aspire+v15+nitro

I would really like to play most of the modern games between medium and high settings at 1080p at 45+ fps, and I need a decent battery life (yes, I know that gaming laptops have the worst battery life). If it had an interchangeable battery, that would be great. I want to keep the screen size at 15.6 inches, and a price tag below 1000 dollars. I have only experience with one Toshiba laptop that died in less than a year and I need something more powerful for photo editing and gameing on the go. Most importantly, I am looking for quality in the structure of the laptop as I do travel a bit and a sturdy frame and light body would me convenient. I am not a huge fan of trackpads and I have an external mouse, but hopefully these laptops have plenty of ports. Keyboards for me are crucial because i do a lot of word processing so a backlit and comfortable keyboard is nice. I would look into cheaper laptops but unfortunately Elite Dangerous is very demanding and I would love to play it at friends houses and at home on my free time.

Overall I am really looking at build quality and performance, as well as portability. I will be only choosing one of the three, but if there is a better laptop that is under 1000 dollars, please feel free to write it down here. I will look into those too.

Thx for your help guys! Cheers!

planeace222

Estimable
Apr 6, 2015

I just looked back at the stats and the dell has an i5, not an i7, but idk if dell quality is better than the other two or if the cpu can play the games I am trying to play. Elite dangerous requires a quad core cpu with 2 or more ghz of speed, and idk if the i5 would be good enough, and it has less threads and doesn't support hypeethreading.

ajhockey3

Estimable
Mar 7, 2015
It is still a very capable quadcore, it is skylake, If you need the extra threads from an i7 then go with it, that laptop will have no issues running Elite Dangerous

planeace222

Estimable
Apr 6, 2015
That's what I was thinking cause photo editing takes a lot of cpu power. Do you think the lenovo would last a while build quality wise? I don't want to end up like the Toshiba I had. The case was plastic and flimsy, and the fan broke in less than a year, causing heat damage to the rest of the system. And the keyboard and mouse pad were horrible.