Lenovo y510p shows no signs of life

Winterwolf94

Estimable
Aug 14, 2014
Hey guys I just need help figuring out what happened to my lenovo y510p. I just installed this game called max payne 3 from steam and waited until in loaded to first change the resolution to 1920x1080, as soon as it was done I was still in the menus when my laptop just shut off.

So now the laptop won't turn on I tried disconnecting everything and held the power button for 30 seconds, no light turns on when I connect my charger. I already called to get it serviced since it's still under warranty, but I just want to know what's wrong with it and more importantly what caused it?

Bean007

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2005

It's dead Jim.

Did you try taking out the battery and putting it back in?

Bean007

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2005

If it's the internals then there really isn't anything you can do unless you spilt something on it. Well there is the exception of lifting the laptop off of flat surfaces to give better airflow leading out thru the vents as well as not being a frying pan cause it's on a flat surface and there's no place for the heat to go that's building up on the plastic.

Bean007

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2005

Won't matter if they really shouldn't but the fact that people want them to do it and they want them to be light and as small as possible. It's like trying to put a V8 in a old volkswagen bug, they might can do it but they don't suggest it.

Bean007

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2005

I mean you can do it but if you gonna game then do it at home with a desktop where it's got the proper space and cooling.

Bean007

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2005

If you game a lot at home then why use a laptop and even then if you go to a friends house there's smaller cases that allow for full length cards that you can haul over to your friends house and play. Desktops are just so much better for gaming then laptops. Don't forget you're not throwing away a whole laptop when it comes to upgrading your desktop. Don't waste your money on gaming laptops and at least get yourself a Desktop,