Lenovo Y520 bios issues

Aug 22, 2018
I received a bios update a couple of hours ago and initiated on my Lenovo Y520 (specs are i7 16gb ram 256ssd 2tb hdd) It brought a black screen with some updates going on and stuff.... I had made sure my battery was 100% charged and plugged in but then power went out some few minutes ago but I quickly run to plug it in in my car... Screen has been blank since. The main power came back on some few minutes later and I came back into the room to plug it in again but nothing has changed... However the cooling fans are working with the base slightly want to the touch and power led is on... I'm in a frenzy...
I'm still sitting behind it and it's been for almost 2 hours now and I might have pressed the power button once or twice in my apprehension:??:

Solution

So you're able to get to Windows?

You can try running a repair from a Windows USB stick. If your current installation is damaged, running repairs from within it probably won't work.

So you're able to get to Windows?

You can try running a repair from a Windows USB stick. If your current installation is damaged, running repairs from within it probably won't work.

Solution
Aug 22, 2018
The bootable flash drive was not showing so I had to change the legacy settings which worked but a new issue has emerged.
The 256 SSD was not showing as the Drive C in the available drives for reinstalling a fresh copy of windows.
I was forced to repartition the 2TB HDD which I was using as storage earlier and instal windows.
I want to go back to being able to instal windows to the 256 SSD which is not detectable by either BIOS or WINDOWS.
I am really counting on guys to help me out of this fix please.
Then again, can someone please share with LEGION Y520-15IKBN recovery system media. Thank you.

Aug 22, 2018
Thanks so much. I tried with the Novo button but it stops a point after trying to repair windows. It does all the initial stuff but freezes at a point.
I had this issue as I attempted a bios update on my lenovo legion y520-15IKBN.
Can that bios issue brick the ssd because I have not dropped this laptop which I bought barely 2 weeks ago.
Would I need to copy the recovery media onto the ssd incase it shows after I have attempted the 3rd step (removing the 2TB hdd and letting the system detect the 256SSD) or would I have to copy it onto an external drive and let the system pick the recovery?
I have downloaded the recovery media for my system from Lenovo support last night.
PLEASE HELP!!!

Aug 22, 2018
I needed to be sure before opening the panel void my warranty. I was asking that if the SSD is detected, it's most probable the windows recovery could be corrupted. In that case, would I need to copy the recovery onto it or let the recovery run from my external hdd?

Flashing the system BIOS will not brick the SSD. If the SSD was setup as a GPT disk for Win 10, changing to Legacy can prevent you from installing Windows 10 to it (Win 10 requires a GPT disk), whether from a clean install or from the recovery media.

If your recovery is on the HDD, you can run it from that as well, but no telling how the recovery is setup; make sure it formats everything appropriately. Alternatively, you should be able to install Windows 10 from a USB stick without converting things to Legacy mode, just let the Windows Media Creation tool do its thing (don't use another utility to make the drive bootable).