CPU: i7-7700HQ
GPU: GTX 1050Ti 4gb
RAM: 8gb DDR4
Display: 15.6" FHD
Drive: 1TB+128gb

Lenovo US price: $979.99USD (~$7643HKD)
Lenovo HK price: ~$1371USD ($10698HKD)
~$390USD difference

Both US and HK Y520 has the same spec but one is significantly cheaper. Is not like HK people can afford more expensive laptops, in fact we earn less than Americans on average. I feel like this is so unfair as if I buy from US website I won't get the warranty since I am not living in the US but I need to pay significantly more if I buy it from Lenovo HK website. Why is this the case?

P.S. The base model of the US version only comes with an i5 CPU and no ssd but I customize it so it is the same with HK base model.

Solution
Don't know.

This is an economics question rather than a technical question. You will have to ask an economist who is familiar with the economic policies in China/HK. While China introduced a VAT (value added tax) last year that is effective as of May 1, 2016, it does not apply to electronics as far as I am aware of.

HK is a free port which means there is no tariffs imposed on goods imported into HK. However, the HK government does collect an excise duty on four types of goods, tobacco, hydrocarbon oil, alcoholic beverages and methyl alcohol. It does not matter if they are imported or produced locally, excise duty will be imposed on those types of goods.

But since the excise duty is not imposed on any electronics there is no effect...
Don't know.

This is an economics question rather than a technical question. You will have to ask an economist who is familiar with the economic policies in China/HK. While China introduced a VAT (value added tax) last year that is effective as of May 1, 2016, it does not apply to electronics as far as I am aware of.

HK is a free port which means there is no tariffs imposed on goods imported into HK. However, the HK government does collect an excise duty on four types of goods, tobacco, hydrocarbon oil, alcoholic beverages and methyl alcohol. It does not matter if they are imported or produced locally, excise duty will be imposed on those types of goods.

But since the excise duty is not imposed on any electronics there is no effect on laptop prices. Again, you will need to speak with an economist that is familiar with economic policies within HK to understand what potentially could be the reasons why the laptop is more expensive in HK compared to in the US after taking into consideration currency conversion.

Solution