Lenovo Y570 Display Monitor Getting Hot.

Cedrock88

Honorable
Jun 11, 2012
Ok so, previously I had an overheating issue which turned out to be a huge layer of dust on the inside of my exhaust. It was completely blocked which meant 0% air was being released, and the inside of it is hidden under the place where the fan sits, so I never really thought it was dust, just thought it was a piece of metal since it's so hard to see down there.

Anyway, now that I re-gained over 100 FPS in my games, I accidentally placed my hand on the bottom right corner of my screen. It was fairly warmer then any other part of my screen.

Seen that this isn't anywhere close to the intensive hardware, I have no idea what is causing this, and if I should be concerned. I tried googling this but I found nothing, so I figured I'd post here just to make sure.

Really appreciate the help. I am pretty sick of having problems with my laptop, and I'm just paranoid about every small detail now.

attk mast3r

Honorable
Oct 6, 2012
Try turning down the brightness, the light is most likely released at different ratings in every quadrant in a 3x3 area. so the middle may be 250 cd/m² but the bottom right may be 300 the higher the brightness the hotter it will be. that may be the source of the heat. if that does not work maybe elevate the laptop and allow for more airflow, or use a cooling pad.