Lenovo Y70 or MSI Dominator GT70 laptops

fallout2077

Estimable
Apr 24, 2015

fallout2077

Estimable
Apr 24, 2015

Thank you very much for the recommendation! If I may ask, why do you declare that the Sager is better than the Lenovo and the MSI? The video memory in the Sager is 2 GB less than in the Lenovo, whilst the CPU is equal to the Lenovo yet worse than the MSI. I would appreciate a verbose reason as to why the Sager is better than the Lenovo or MSI. Once again, thank you for the recommendation, jbaker! I hope to hear from you again soon.

jbaker22

Honorable
Sep 22, 2013
I stated why I do not recommend Lenovo, lifespan, and I thought you may dislike the fact that msi laptop fans are noise. The 965m is more powerful in processing, but not as good for video rendering. 4gb is overkill for 1080p, but you may use Dynamic super resolution to make it render in 3k. That is the only disadvantage of the 965m. http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GTX-965M-vs-GeForce-GTX-960M

P.S. The sager is way more customizable.

fallout2077

Estimable
Apr 24, 2015

I know exactly what you mean when you state that MSI fans are noisy; my friend has the exact same MSI that I linked to, and it is extremely loud when he plays a demanding enough game, such as Attila. What really attracted me to the MSI is my friend's ability (or the laptop's, I should say) to play every modern game up to Total War: Attila flawlessly, at max specs! So, you can understand why I want all of the gory details regarding "competitors" to the MSI. I thank you, though, for the very informative response!

By the way, jbaker, is the GPU switchable in the Sager? I saw another laptop somewhere on the net that had a "switchable" GPU, and I was wondering if the Sager features customization option; it doesn't seem to specify that feature in the specs page on Xotic PC. Or maybe I mean "upgradeable". The ability to upgrade laptops is foreign to me.

Out of the 2 laptops, I would go with the msi as they are known for the gaming laptops. But they are also known for the very loud laptops. I don't know much about the sager as I have never used one. What is your budget by the way?