Solved! Lenovo Y700 not turning on, not even power indicator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 15, 2021
So i found my used-to-be gaming laptop from a few years ago, a Lenovo y700. Though when plugging it in, i get absolutely no response. I let it sit the outlet for about 2 hours incase the battery was just at 0% but still nothing. Any help would be appreciated:)

Reactions: Anadoe
Solution
You can find a solution in the "Power System Checkout" guide about your problem. It is on the page no.21-22 of the manual.

However, have you tried charging it with another charger or another port? To identify if there is any problem other than the laptop please follow the below steps.

Step 1: Check if the AC charger is working properly. To do so use another good charger.

Step 2: Try to charge the laptop with a different wall outlet. See if this works or not.

Step 3: You may also give a little bit wiggle to the charging cable to find out if it's lose or not.

Step 4: Also try to check if there is any problem in the electrical board or DC port.

Step 5: In the end , if any of the following does not work please take your laptop to a...

Anadoe

Great
Apr 3, 2021
You can find a solution in the "Power System Checkout" guide about your problem. It is on the page no.21-22 of the manual.

However, have you tried charging it with another charger or another port? To identify if there is any problem other than the laptop please follow the below steps.

Step 1: Check if the AC charger is working properly. To do so use another good charger.

Step 2: Try to charge the laptop with a different wall outlet. See if this works or not.

Step 3: You may also give a little bit wiggle to the charging cable to find out if it's lose or not.

Step 4: Also try to check if there is any problem in the electrical board or DC port.

Step 5: In the end , if any of the following does not work please take your laptop to a nearby service center.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.