Lenovo Y700 Touch Touchscreen Unresponsive In Certain Areas?

C00kies

Commendable
Sep 27, 2016
I've had the Y700 for almost a week now, and I've loved it so far, although I've had several hardware issues. One of these include the touchscreen. Until today, the touchscreen has been working wonderfully, responsive as it should be. However, when I booted up my laptop today, I noticed the touchscreen was unresponsive in certain areas on the screen. A little left of center on the screen, it doesn't work, and at the bottom in the middle it doesn't work. I thought it was a Windows Explorer issue, so I restarted that in task manager, and it still wasn't responsive in those areas. Then I updated and restarted my computer. Then I restarted the touchscreen in Device Manager. Then I troubleshooted hardware and devices and restarted my PC yet again. Still nothing, none of those seemed to work to fix my touchscreen. Any other ideas?

Solution
Did you try uninstalling the drivers, rebooting the device and then letting it reinstall the drivers? You also may want to see about recalibrating it.

If that doesn't fix it, and it is that new, you need to contact the place of purchase or the manufacturer. New devices shouldn't give you problems.
Did you try uninstalling the drivers, rebooting the device and then letting it reinstall the drivers? You also may want to see about recalibrating it.

If that doesn't fix it, and it is that new, you need to contact the place of purchase or the manufacturer. New devices shouldn't give you problems.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS