lenovo y720 screen overclocking

spartaks2000

Great
Mar 21, 2018
so i tried to overclock my lenovos y720 screen to higer refresh rate first tried 75hz the screen turn black and with lines okay restarted pc(back to 60hz) tried 63 hz and then was somehting silimar but saw some compressed screen, im just wondering is this some softare bug or i just cant overclock it, in the video tutorial i followed many did overclokc to hight hz their laptops but i cannot do it on mine, i want to hear your opinion

jaslion

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012

This display is not meant to run at anything higher than 60hz. Also on a laptop it's quite dangerous to do this due to how most limit the power delivery. Yours simply cannot be overclocked and even if it could you really shouldn't.

Apr 10, 2019
so i tried to overclock my lenovos y720 screen to higer refresh rate first tried 75hz the screen turn black and with lines okay restarted pc(back to 60hz) tried 63 hz and then was somehting silimar but saw some compressed screen, im just wondering is this some softare bug or i just cant overclock it, in the video tutorial i followed many did overclokc to hight hz their laptops but i cannot do it on mine, i want to hear your opinion

Yeah word. I tried overclocking with cru-1.4.1 and all screen got black with grey lines. Had to connect latop to external screen to remove all the settings. Took awhile before they left. So its not recommended on this model. I have the HD screen. Looks like there is only higher hz screens for y730 and y530 and up. If anyone finds a replacement screen with 120hz and up for y720 please tell me:)