Solved! lenovo yt3 stuck on logo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 8, 2020
i have lenovo yt3 tablet i cant enter download mode and every time i get into recovery mode to factory reset it, i cant even i cant do an update from the sd card

help

Solution
OK, so when turning off and trying to go into "Safe Mode", when turning it back on, it won't go. Then try the following and see if it will work. NOTE: If the steps work, it can take a while to process. So don't get impatient and turn it off or anything. Let it finish what it is doing.

1. When you get the error message you mentioned, you should be able to use the volume buttons to go to "Mount System/Cache". Press "power" to select that option.

2. Next (using the volume buttons) go to "Wipe Cache Partition" and again press "power" to select it.

The step above is where it can take a while.

3. When it is done you should be given a “Reboot System Now” message.

Now, if none of this helps, or it won't let you get into it. Then the device...
Try and see if it will start up in "Safe Mode" or not. If it will, then you likely have something on the tablet that is interfering. Virus, malware, bad app, etc. Then you will have to find and remove the problem. If necessary even doing a full "Hard Reset" which would wipe the device completely. But you would be able to backup your info to a computer or other location from "Safe Mode". If any of those is the problem, then a typical reset, which allows for keeping your stuff on the device, wouldn't fix the problem.

However, if it won't even start up in "Safe Mode" then it could be the OS itself is a problem, or a hardware issue.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the tablet.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

And to do a "Hard Reset"...

NOTE: Doing this will clear 'all' the data on your tablet, so it is suggested you not choose this option unless you have to, or aren't worried about losing anything on the device.

Be sure you back up any data you want to keep, to a computer or cloud account, before doing the reset.

To "Hard Reset" the tablet...

1. Make sure that the tablet is actually powered off.

2. Remove your SD card, if there is one in the device.

3. Press the "Power" and the "Volume Up" buttons, together, until you see the start-up logo on the screen.

4. Once you can see the logo, release the buttons and allow the device to enter the "System Recovery Mode".

5. Next use "Volume Down" button to get to the "wipe data/factory reset" option.

6. When in recovery mode the "Volume Up" and "Volume Down" buttons are how to can navigate and highlight what option you need.

7. Once you have selected the "wipe data/factory reset", press the "Power" button to select that option.

8. On the following screen, repeatedly press the "Volume Down" button until the "Yes - delete all user data" option is what is selected.

9. Then press the "Power" button to hard reset the tablet.

10. If you took your SD card out in step 2, when the device is up and running again, reinsert the SD card.

You have to turn it off first to try and enter "Safe Mode" so as long as you can power it off then you can try. If it won't power off on its own, then you would have to wait for it to run out of power, leave it off and charge it for a very short time. Then try.

As to resetting, well if you are trying to reset and keep your personal stuff, that likely won't fix your problem, as anything on the device (virus, malware, bad app, etc.) won't be removed with that kind of reset. You would instead need to do a "Hard Reset". The instructions which I included in the prior post.

If you can't get into the correct mode to find the reset options, then there is either something wrong with the devices software, the manufacturer changed the way that particular device gets reset (you would have to contact them to see if that is the case) or the device was rooted. If that is the case then it won't be able to be reset until it is unrooted.

Feb 8, 2020
you seems missunderstood me I CANT BOOT INTO MY DEVICE WITH OR WITHOUT THE SAFEMODE I CANT EVEN BOOT INTO MY DEVICE AND I CANT DO A FACTORY RESET MY WHOLE POINT IS TO DO A FACTORY RESET OR FORMAT THE DEVICE, WHEN I GO TO RECOVERY MODE TO FACTORY RESET I CANT IT SHOWS ME ( E:FAILD TO MOUNT etc) A LOT OF THINGS

HOW CAN I FIX THAT ??

OK, so when turning off and trying to go into "Safe Mode", when turning it back on, it won't go. Then try the following and see if it will work. NOTE: If the steps work, it can take a while to process. So don't get impatient and turn it off or anything. Let it finish what it is doing.

1. When you get the error message you mentioned, you should be able to use the volume buttons to go to "Mount System/Cache". Press "power" to select that option.

2. Next (using the volume buttons) go to "Wipe Cache Partition" and again press "power" to select it.

The step above is where it can take a while.

3. When it is done you should be given a “Reboot System Now” message.

Now, if none of this helps, or it won't let you get into it. Then the device needs to be looked at by a tech.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.