Lenovo Z710 Black Screen on Boot

benstephens1000

Estimable
Nov 15, 2015
I usually keep my laptop plugged in and powered on 24/7 but I unpuggled it to use somewhere else and it died after about an hour which is usual. However, when I plugged it in and tried to power back on, the screen was still black. The LED indicator says it's on, and it says it's charging, but the screen is black. I can also here the fan start when I try to power on. To my surprise the LED keyboard still turns on, so it's definitely getting power. Also the webcam light flashes when I power on which is normal. I did recently have the display replaced because it was stepped on and cracked but that doesn't seem like it would be an issue. I have had this laptop sent in before due to battery issues and not being about to power on. This whole thing seems very unusual.

Hi,

The laptop may be in a hibernate sleep. Do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start with a hard reset, remove the battery and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it back up.
- If it doesn't boot up but there are lights on the laptop indicating that it's on, connect and external monitor and see if you'll get any display from it because if you do the problem is with the built in display.
- If there's still no display reseat the RAM, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure that they are seated properly.
- If all these doesn't work it could be a bad motherboard.