Solved! LG 26LS3500 won't turn on, possible power issue?

Nov 21, 2018
I picked up an old LG 26LS3500 from a friend who didn't need it anymore and have used it multiple times in the past with almost no issues. However, a while ago when I went to turn it on the standby light was off, it was completely unresponsive, and I couldn't get it to work. This happened once in the past but I fixed it by unplugging it and letting it sit for the day, unfortunately that didn't fix it this time. I also opened the back up to see if there was anything that was damaged but there was nothing I could notice that really stood out to me. Keep in mind though I know very little to almost nothing about the boards so if there were any visually small issues I likely wouldn't even know it was a problem. Any ideas?

A couple little things I'd like to add on:

• -the power supply has a green light that turns on when plugged in which still turns on but I don't know if there is a problem with it or not

-the model is from 2012

Solution
Usually that is issue with capacitors, fixing with reputable repair store would be cheap, not sure about price. Soo your guess might be true with powersupply.