Question Lg 29MT48DF-PZ power problem

Koalacola

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2013
Hello kind reader/visitor
I got my hands on this ... part of a peculiar television from a friend who wanted to dispose of it. Thought i'll give a shot at fixing it but my efforts came to a stop cause i don't know any further.

As said the tv has a kind of power problem (i believe) that is most probably related to the mainboard of the tv cause i tried out 2 other power adapters and the results were the same.

I do not wish to buy another mainboard for it since the eax66873503 boards are half the price of the tv.

Main problem is that after a few times switching it off and on (with the remote) the tv doesn't transfer signal from any source. The Lg screen logo comes on and then it gives some backlight but that's it.
When the tv is in backlight state it doesn't respond to anything not even holding the off button for several minutes.
If the tv stays in an OFF state unplugged for a few days it turns on perfectly.
Another thing i tried (thinking that it might be a power issue (lingering charge in capacitors or something)) is that i've changed the surface mount capacitors on the board but the issues stayed the same.

I'm open to any ideas of what might be the problem and should be changed.
all comments are welcome.

Koalacola

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2013
Without replacing the boards you won't be able to do anything further. 29" TV made for hotels that is not working properly, your friend got a free rubbish removal service from you it seems.

Not quite sure about that also about the labelling it rubbish since it can be changed to a monitor with a universal board.

Any other advanced thoughts are welcome.